INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING ADVERTISING by TY TY nursery GA
We bought what's advertised as "Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive tree" for the price of $3,159.75 When it arrived there was nothing Huge nor Gnarly about it.The trunk was STRAIGHT and SMOOTH and maybe an 1.5inches in diameter.TYTY Manager Ryan Phillips describes the tree as a 3inch caliper tree and claims it's what the industry considers old style gnarly trunk.
What a bunch of BS. He must think we've never seen an olive tree before. He took $500 off the price. =$2,659.75.
That's still way over market value. You can buy an 8'caliper olive tree today that is approximately 35 years old in the US for $1,300. The trunk of this tree will look rough and anyone who sees it could describe it as Gnarly. A 125 year old olive tree that is thicker than a human torso can be bought for give or take $5000.
The tree that we received was well under ten years old. Either Ryan doesn't have a clue or THE ADVERTISMENTS ARE INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING. To top it all off It cost $1000 to ship between GA and SC. (2hr drive) Wow that's expensive for so small a tree.
You can ship something across the country for that price.Buyer beware these guys are shady and not because their trees are huge.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "I am on my 2nd TS800 due the crankcase cracking behind the coil mounts. Both saws have cracked in the identical place. This appears to be a weak spot..."
- "Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do yourself a favor...CALL SOMEONE ELSE.....!!!! Mowed grass last tuesday for $140.00 said it was too long so had to come back the following week, made it out..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "I made a big mistake and thought maybe this stuff would be decent. I do a lot of juicing and thought I could use this product when I'm in a..."
- "I have gone through 3 of them, 1 large one and 2 small ones. My husband bought me the large one after I snapped the clasp on 2 small ones...."
- "The following letter is what I sent to the President of Gray Line Bus Tours... you guessed it... no reply, they obviously don't care about their customers. Dear Grayline Official: On June..."