Arkansas City, Kansas

We bought what's advertised as "Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive tree" for the price of $3,159.75 When it arrived there was nothing Huge nor Gnarly about it.The trunk was STRAIGHT and SMOOTH and maybe an 1.5inches in diameter.TYTY Manager Ryan Phillips describes the tree as a 3inch caliper tree and claims it's what the industry considers old style gnarly trunk.

What a bunch of BS. He must think we've never seen an olive tree before. He took $500 off the price. =$2,659.75.

That's still way over market value. You can buy an 8'caliper olive tree today that is approximately 35 years old in the US for $1,300. The trunk of this tree will look rough and anyone who sees it could describe it as Gnarly. A 125 year old olive tree that is thicker than a human torso can be bought for give or take $5000.

The tree that we received was well under ten years old. Either Ryan doesn't have a clue or THE ADVERTISMENTS ARE INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING. To top it all off It cost $1000 to ship between GA and SC. (2hr drive) Wow that's expensive for so small a tree.

You can ship something across the country for that price.Buyer beware these guys are shady and not because their trees are huge.

Review about: Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive .

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ty Ty Nursery Tree
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ty Ty Nursery?

Comments

sandyRED
Oxnard, California, United States #897721

I always shop local --- if there's a problem, chances are they will resolve it or I will take them to small claims court.