INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING ADVERTISING by TY TY nursery GA
We bought what's advertised as "Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive tree" for the price of $3,159.75 When it arrived there was nothing Huge nor Gnarly about it.The trunk was STRAIGHT and SMOOTH and maybe an 1.5inches in diameter.TYTY Manager Ryan Phillips describes the tree as a 3inch caliper tree and claims it's what the industry considers old style gnarly trunk.
What a bunch of BS. He must think we've never seen an olive tree before. He took $500 off the price. =$2,659.75.
That's still way over market value. You can buy an 8'caliper olive tree today that is approximately 35 years old in the US for $1,300. The trunk of this tree will look rough and anyone who sees it could describe it as Gnarly. A 125 year old olive tree that is thicker than a human torso can be bought for give or take $5000.
The tree that we received was well under ten years old. Either Ryan doesn't have a clue or THE ADVERTISMENTS ARE INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING. To top it all off It cost $1000 to ship between GA and SC. (2hr drive) Wow that's expensive for so small a tree.
You can ship something across the country for that price.Buyer beware these guys are shady and not because their trees are huge.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Huge Old World Style Gnarly Trunk Sevillano Olive
- Review category
- Landscaping and Gardening
You May Also Like
- "I had truegreen for about three months. Almost immediately the grass was turning colors in certain spots and dying faster. I asked the guy if i needed to water..."
- "I signed up with Trugreen lawn service and after the first 2 treatments, my grass was dead and I now have a brown lawn! I called customer service and..."
- "A man from JAFLO co. came up our 400 foot driveway/road, ignoring our signs! Handed me a paper folder, more tree cutting! He said we will be coming onto your..."
- "Purchased a used a travel trailer from Camping World in April of 2015. Bought in Albuqurque, NM, but that's another story. Bought an "extended warranty with the trailer. I was..."
- "This company sent non-functional product and doesn't refund..don't return calls on there listed toll free number , left multiple massages. Decided to email after waited for so long and then..."
- "Married in Oct and by Nov my ring is all dented/scared up it's tungsten with sterling silver and diamonds a ring that well not hold up ..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."